TRENDS is a CompTIA Authorized Partner.CompTIA is a registered trademark of the Computing Technology Industry Association, Inc. All rights reserved.
CompTIA® A+® Core 1 and Core 2
|January 03, 2022||January 07, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|February 07, 2022||February 11, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|March 07, 2022||March 11, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|April 04, 2022||April 08, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|May 02, 2022||May 06, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|June 06, 2022||June 10, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|July 04, 2022||July 08, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|August 01, 2022||August 05, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|September 05, 2022||September 09, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|October 03, 2022||October 07, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|November 07, 2022||November 11, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|December 05, 2022||December 09, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|June 27, 2022||July 01, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
CompTIA® A+® Core 1 and Core 2 (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002)
Duration: 5 Days
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts.
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today's core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today's digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
The Official CompTIA® A+® Core 1 and Core 2 (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002) course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It will help you prepare to take the CompTIA A+ Core Series certification examinations (exam numbers 220-1001 and 220-1002), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 1 220-1001 Certification Exam and the CompTIA A+ Core 2 220-1002 Certification Exam.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
- Support operating systems
- Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
- Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
MODULE 1: SUPPORTING OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Identify Common Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Use Windows Features and Tools
- Manage Files in Windows
- Manage Disks in Windows
- Manage Devices in Windows
MODULE 2: INSTALLING AND CONFIGURING PC COMPONENTS
- Use Appropriate Safety Procedures
- PC Components
- Common Connection Interfaces
- Install Peripheral Devices
MODULE 3: INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND TROUBLESHOOTING DISPLAY AND MULTIMEDIA DEVICES
- Install and Configure Display Devices
- Troubleshoot Display Devices
- Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
MODULE 4: INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND TROUBLESHOOTING STORAGE DEVICES
- Install System Memory
- Install and Configure Mass Storage Devices
- Install and Configure Removable Storage
- Configure RAID
- Troubleshoot Storage Devices
MODULE 5: INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND TROUBLESHOOTING INTERNAL SYSTEM COMPONENTS
- Install and Upgrade CPUs
- Configure and Update BIOS/UEFI
- Install Power Supplies
- Troubleshoot Internal System Components
- Configure a Custom PC
MODULE 6: INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND MAINTAINING OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Configure and Use Linux
- Configure and Use macOS
- Install and Upgrade Operating Systems
- Maintain OSs
MODULE 7: MAINTAINING AND TROUBLESHOOTING MICROSOFT WINDOWS
- Install and Manage Windows Applications
- Manage Windows Performance
- Troubleshoot Windows
MODULE 8: NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE CONCEPTS
- Wired Networks
- Network Hardware Devices
- Wireless Networks
- Internet Connection Types
- Network Configuration Concepts
- Network Services
MODULE 9: CONFIGURING AND TROUBLESHOOTING NETWORKS
- Configure Network Connection Settings
- Install and Configure SOHO Networks
- Configure SOHO Network Security
- Configure Remote Access
- Troubleshoot Network Connections
- Install and Configure IoT Devices
MODULE 10: MANAGING USERS, WORKSTATIONS, AND SHARED RESOURCES
- Manage Users
- Configure Shared Resources
- Configure Active Directory Accounts and Policies
MODULE 11: IMPLEMENTING CLIENT VIRTUALIZATION AND CLOUD COMPUTING
- Configure Client-Side Virtualization
- Cloud Computing Concepts
MODULE 12: SECURITY CONCEPTS
- Logical Security Concepts
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Physical Security Measures
MODULE 13: SECURING WORK STATIONS AND DATA
- Implement Security Best Practices
- Implement Data Protection Policies
- Protect Data during Incident Response
MODULE 14: TROUBLESHOOTING WORKSTATION SECURITY ISSUES
- Detect, Remove, and Prevent Malware
- Troubleshoot Common Workstation Security Issues
MODULE 15: SUPPORTING AND TROUBLESHOOTING LAPTOPS
- Use Laptop Features
- Install and Configure Laptop Hardware
- Troubleshoot Common Laptop Issues
MODULE 16: SUPPORTING AND TROUBLESHOOTING MOBILE DEVICES
- Mobile Device Types
- Connect and Configure Mobile Device Accessories
- Configure Mobile Device Network Connectivity
- Support Mobile Apps
- Secure Mobile Devices
- Troubleshoot Mobile Device Issues
MODULE 17: INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND TROUBLESHOOTING PRINT DEVICES
- Maintain Laser Printers
- Maintain Inkjet Printers
- Maintain Impact, Thermal, and 3D Printers
- Install and Configure Printers
- Troubleshoot Print Device Issues
- Install and Configure Imaging Devices
MODULE 18: IMPLEMENTING OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES
- Environmental Impacts and Controls
- Create and Maintain Documentation
- Use Basic Change Management Best Practices
- Implement Disaster Prevention and Recovery Methods
- Basic Scripting Concepts
- Professionalism and Communication
- Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
- Explain network infrastructure concepts
- Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
- Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
- Implement client virtualization and cloud computing.
- Implement physical security.
- Secure workstations and data.
- Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
- Support and troubleshoot laptops.
- Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
- Implement operational procedures.