TRENDS is a CompTIA Authorized Partner.CompTIA is a registered trademark of the Computing Technology Industry Association, Inc. All rights reserved.
|January 10, 2022||January 14, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|April 04, 2022||April 08, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|July 11, 2022||July 15, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
|October 10, 2022||October 14, 2022||KDE 3.1||Virtual Classroom (GMT+08:00)|
Course Code: Project+
Duration: 5 Days
• To ensure your success, you should be familiar with basic project management concepts.
• Basic computing skills and some experience using Microsoft Office are desirable but not required.
This course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be a successful project manager in today's rapidly changing world. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the CompTIA® Project+® certification exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help you avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
On course completion, you will be able to:
• Identify the fundamentals of project management.
• Initiate a project.
• Create project plans, stakeholder strategies, and scope statement.
• Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and activity lists.
• Develop project schedule and identify the critical path.
• Plan project costs.
• Create project staffing and quality management plans.
• Create an effective communication plan.
• Create a risk management plan, perform risk analysis, and develop a risk response plan.
• Plan project procurements.
• Develop change management and transition plans.
• Assemble and launch the project team to execute the plan.
• Execute the project procurement plan.
• Monitor and control project performance.
• Monitor and control project constraints.
• Monitor and control project risks.
• Monitor and control procurements.
• Perform project closure activities.
This course is designed for individuals in various job roles who have a basic knowledge of project management, and who participate in small to medium scale projects.
Lesson 1: Defining Project Management Fundamentals
• Identify Project Management Basics
• Describe the Project Life Cycle
• Identify Organizational Influences on Project Management
• Define Agile Methodology
Lesson 2: Initiating the Project
• Identify the Project Selection Process
• Prepare a Project SOW
• Create a Project Charter
• Identify Project Stakeholders
Lesson 3: Planning the Project
• Identify Project Management Plan Components
• Determine Stakeholder Needs
• Create a Scope Statement
Lesson 4: Preparing to Develop the Project Schedule
• Develop a WBS
• Create an Activity List
• Identify the Relationships Between Activities
• Identify Resources
• Estimate Time
Lesson 5: Developing the Project Schedule
• Develop a Project Schedule
• Identify the Critical Path
• Optimize the Project Schedule
• Create a Schedule Baseline
Lesson 6: Planning Project Costs
• Estimate Project Costs
• Estimate the Cost Baseline
• Reconcile Funding and Costs
Lesson 7: Planning Human Resources and Quality
• Create a Human Resource Plan
• Create a Quality Management Plan
Lesson 8: Communicating During the Project
• Identify Communication Methods
• Create a Communications Management Plan
Lesson 9: Planning for Risk
• Create a Risk Management Plan
• Identify Project Risks and Triggers
• Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
• Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
• Develop a Risk Response Plan
Lesson 10: Planning Project Procurements
• Collect Project Procurement Inputs
• Prepare a Procurement Management Plan
• Prepare Procurement Documents
Lesson 11: Planning for Change and Transitions
• Develop an Integrated Change Control System
• Develop a Transition Plan
Lesson 12: Executing the Project
• Direct the Project Execution
• Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
• Assemble the Project Team
• Develop the Project Team
• Manage the Project Team
• Distribute Project Information
• Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
Lesson 13: Executing the Procurement Plan
• Obtain Responses from Vendors
• Select Project Vendors
Lesson 14: Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance
• Monitor and Control Project Work
• Manage Project Changes
• Report Project Performance
Lesson 15: Monitoring and Controlling Project Constraints
• Control the Project Scope
• Control the Project Schedule
• Control Project Costs
• Manage Project Quality
Lesson 16: Monitoring and Controlling Project Risks
• Monitor and Control Project Risks
Lesson 17: Monitoring and Controlling Procurements
• Monitor and Control Vendors and Procurements
• Handling Legal Issues
Lesson 18: Closing the Project
• Deliver the Final Product
• Close Project Procurements
• Close a Project